Paraplanner, Charter Oak Capital Management
With locations in Maine and New Hampshire
The Paraplanner supports the Client, Charter Oak Capital Management (COCM), and the Senior Financial Advisor, Financial Advisor and/or Associate Financial Advisor, i.e. the client’s Advisory Team.
A Paraplanner will be responsible for preparing an Advisor for client meetings by updating financial plans and making sure necessary documents are ready and outstanding agenda items are addressed.
The Paraplanner will aid the Lead Advisor in all financial planning aspects, and work with CSAs, Schedulers, and other COCM staff to make sure clients’ needs are being met.Charter Oak embraces four core values: seeking excellence, a can-do attitude, service above self and being a team player. These values guide our collective thoughts, feelings, and actions both internally and with our clients. Charter Oak seeks candidates who exhibit these values as they are the root beliefs we operate from and the foundation we build our business on.
Requirements & Applicable Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field
- Financial Paraplanner Qualified Professional (FPQP) a plus
- 1-5 years of experience in the financial industry
- 1-5 years of financial planning experience
- Registration with the SEC
- Firm knowledge of investments and financial planning concepts
- General knowledge of investment strategies and market data
- Proficiency in MS Suite, exposure to account management database, CRM or financial planning software (MoneyguidePro) a plus
- Analytical thinking skills and ability to assess a clients’ needs
- Strong emotional intellect, an ability to perceive, reason with, understand and manage emotions and an ability to guide people toward success
- Excellent communication abilities, including writing, speaking and active listening
- Effective presentation and customer service skills
- Strong time-management skills and ability to work independently
- Organize and enter data into the financial planning system or customized spreadsheets
- Proof data to ensure accuracy
- Update and print financial plans, help in performance investment analysis, and customize documents for client review meetings
- Coordinate the gathering of data from clients, attorneys, accountants and other professionals
- Coordinate the preparation of client reviews
- Assist in meeting logistics
- Back up client service and provide support to advisors’ client service teams as needed
Compensation & Benefits
The Paraplanner’s salary is commensurate with experience and will be consistent with industry salary surveys within our competitive marketplace.
Charter Oak provides a company 401k match, team incentive compensation, paid time off, health insurance, disability plans and a flexible work environment.
Applicants should apply by email to firstname.lastname@example.org with their cover letter, curriculum vitae and compensation requests. Interviews and further industry testing will be part of our competitive hiring process.